About Our President
My Guarantee – No Judgment
“It doesn’t matter why you are in my office. It only matters that you are.” Margaret Johnson
My “WHY” is To mitigate your pain and the long-term effects financial problems will have on your future life. Unfortunately, very few are there to help when people are in financial trouble. Therefore, this is where I come in.
I know that when you are experiencing financial problems, this is when you need a trusted expert the most. Contact me at email@example.com.
Over the last 36 years, I have met thousands of people with personal and business financial problems. However, I have never met anyone who got up one morning, ran out and maxed out their credit cards, and came to see me in the afternoon. Bankruptcy is not about money. It’s about the circumstances of someone’s life. Every story is unique, and every story conveys personal pain. The good news is that everything in life is temporary. The good stuff is temporary, and so is the bad stuff. As they say, this too shall pass.
Margaret Johnson has over 36 years of industry experience in the field of Credit and Debt Counselling. She started her own company, Solutions™ Credit Counselling Service Inc., in 1999 because she felt there was a clear void in the industry for honesty and integrity in offering 100% confidential and unbiased Credit Counselling, Debt Help, and Financial Literacy services.
Today, it is still the only independent agency of its kind in Canada working for you with your creditors.
Money Maven Margaret Johnson is an Insolvency Counsellor registered by Industry Canada, a Certified Credit Counsellor, and an Associate Credit Executive.
She is the President of The Canadian Association of Independent Credit Counselling Agencies.
Other past and present memberships and activities:
- Member – Vancouver Insolvency Discussion Group
- Charter Member – Canadian Insolvency Foundation
- Member – Association for Financial Counselling and Planning Education
- Member – Association of Credit and Collection Professionals – ACA International
- Former Vice President of Credit Professionals International (CPI)
- Member of the CPI board – 9 years
- Former Director – Surrey Public Library
- Volunteer – The Union Gospel Mission
- Volunteer – The Elizabeth Fry Society
- Volunteer and Mentor – Dress for Success Vancouver
- Volunteer – Corrections Canada, Youth Secure Detention Centre
- Volunteer – HRDC Self Employment Entrepreneurial Development Society
- Volunteer – Women’s Network to Work Program
- Margaret Johnson is a two-time RBC Entrepreneur of the Year nominee and a dedicated community leader.
Margaret in the Media
Margaret is happy to assist publications, comment, and report on debt and credit matters as they affect the consumer, having been quoted and featured in various Canadian publications. She has written numerous articles on Credit Counselling, Debt Repayment Programs, Consumer Proposals, and Bankruptcy, and continues to write a popular advice column to promote Financial Literacy and Credit Education as a part of healthy living.
Her columns have been featured on MyTelus.com, Shaw: Finance, Today’s Parent,, and HUSH.
Margaret is proud to have been a presenter at the Chapters of Health national seminar series.
If you struggle to make even the minimum payments on your debt, you need professional help! Don’t wait!
Call Solutions Credit Counselling at 1 (877) 588-9491 ext. 119 or fill out our Debt Consolidation Questionnaire for your Free Consultation.